A leader’s job is to help their team become more effective. A leader’s success lies in the team’s success. The best leaders develop teams to succeed with or without them. This course explores a powerful approach to team development – facilitation – and the skills needed to make it work.
Participants will acquire the knowledge and skills to:
- State what facilitation is and how it differs from other team development approaches
- Recognise and use the range of modes in which a facilitator can operate
- Describe the difference between structure, process, content and relationships in team development and when to concentrate on each
- Observe, listen and interpret what a team’s doing
- Use key intervention techniques particularly for handling difficult situations