Mentoring is becoming increasingly popular in the workplace. What was once chiefly an informal process applied arbitrarily has now been formalised by many organisations as a vital part of their staff development programmes. The overall aim of the course is to explain how to ensure mentoring is effectively implemented in an organisation.
Participants will acquire the knowledge and skills to:
- Define the mentor’s role in developing individuals
- State the benefits of a mentoring relationship
- Identify the key personal characteristics of an effective mentor
- Describe the phases of a typical mentoring relationship
- Use a range of key skills to ensure the protégé’s development