Organisations have always relied on teams in some form. But now there is more emphasis on groups of people, working in teams, taking joint responsibility for achieving standards and meeting objectives. This course explores the key factors that make teams effective and the skills required to build, strengthen and maintain the team.
Participants will acquire the knowledge and skills to:
- Recognise the changes in organisations which have made effective teams ESSENTIAL
- Distinguish a team from a working group
- Identify the key features a team requires to work effectively
- Recognise the difference between control and facilitation
- Practise key facilitation techniques
- Use a range of team building techniques