This course contains the following 12 modules on the following:
Assertiveness: After a quick check on the learner’s assertiveness, this course outlines the typical signs of passive and aggressive behaviour. It prompts the learner to reflect on how they deal with aggressive and passive behaviour at work and elsewhere, before exploring ways to defuse aggression and to deal with passive behaviour.
Building Teams: This module will teach how to understand the difference between teams and groups.
Climate For Performance: This module explores high performance and how to overcome any barriers to it. A diagnostic analysis tool is included to highlight which aspects of a high performance climate the learner feels are present in their team. It prompts learners to get their team to complete this diagnostic as well.
Communicating A Shared Purpose: This module introduces the learner to the power of storytelling. How leaders can use stories to inspire and motivate, as well as pass on key values. It looks at particular words or phrases that the learner can use to match the NLP sensory preference of individuals.
Conflict: This module prompts learners to reflect on their attitude to conflict, before considering its positive aspects. The learner can then explore their preferred style of conflict resolution via a diagnostic, before exploring how different styles of conflict resolution work best in different conflict situations.
Creating The Team: This module looks at how managers can mobilise their team to support them as a leader. Completing it will enable them to identify their own strengths and weaknesses, together with those of their team members and recognise how to use this knowledge to build a strong and effective team.
Empowering The Team: This module allows learners fast diagnosis of their own approach to empowerment. It explores how leaders can help create empowered, self-organising teams, able to respond quickly to change.
Influencing Behaviours: This module examines why influencing is a skill that you are likely to need more and more. It then explores some of the key aspects of influencing, as well as ways to negotiate around an impasse.
Leading Diverse Teams: This module introduces a range of tools that learners can use to reveal the diverse personalities and behaviour within their team. It lets the learner diagnose their own natural team role and prompts them to think about any excess or gap in roles within their own team, as well as what they can do about it.
Non-Verbal Communication Body Language: This module lets the learner explore what NLP’s eye-access cues can tell them about another person’s thinking. It outlines what body language can tell them about their team members, then asks the learner to consider what their own handwriting says about them.
Succession Planning: This module prompts learners to reflect on why they might avoid planning their own successor, before exploring its benefits to their career, then suggesting the best ways to go about it. It also explores how planning for succession in the key roles in their team will benefit team performance.
Team Types: This module asks the learner to reflect on the different types of teams they have worked in to introduce not just a range of team types, but also their common features. It then explores the particular challenges of leading a remote or virtual team and how these can be addressed.
- Understand the need for assertiveness
- Know the different behaviour styles
- Know your behaviour style
- Understand the six step process to defuse aggression
- Know how to deal with passive behaviour
- Understand the difference between teams and groups
- Know each members role in the team
- Know the key stages of team development
- Understand how new members affect the dynamics already established in the team
- Will be able to use exercises to motivate and encourage your team
Climate For Performance:
- Understand what climate is
- Understand how to get the climate right
- Be able to help your team by setting clear goals
- Recognise great performance
- Be able to support your team
Communicating A Shared Purpose:
- Be able to use storytelling to communicate your purpose
- Understand why storytelling is so important
- Understand the differences in your team
- Know the five basic types of storytelling
- Understand the good and bad points of conflict
- Know your natural style for handling conflict
- Appreciate the other styles for dealing with conflict
- Know the different types of conflict
- Know how to avoid or resolve conflict
Creating The Team:
- Know your own strengths and weaknesses
- Understand the strengths and weaknesses of your team
- Be able to identify the skills needed to get tasks done
- Understand the need to set goals and deadlines
- Be able to stand back and allow your team to work
Empowering The Team:
- Understand the concept of empowerment
- Understand the requirements of empowerment
- Know about the creative cusp
- Encourage your team to avoid concern or distrust
- Recognise the need to remove any trace of a blame culture
- Understand what influencing is
- Know how influencing can help maintain relationships
- Know how to understand the needs of others
- Know techniques to use if you reach an impasse
Leading Diverse Teams:
- Know how to recognise and acknowledge diversity
- Understand how to value and embrace diversity
- Know how to harness diversity
Non-Verbal Communication Body Language:
- Identify eye access clues
- Use and recognise body language
- Know the significant non-verbal behaviours
- Be able to read into handwriting
- Understand the benefits of succession planning
- Recognise the different team types
- Know the key characteristics of teams
- Know the trouble stages teams are likely to encounter
- Understand how virtual teams work
Assertiveness: 30 Minutes
Building Teams: 30 Minutes
Climate For Performance: 30 Minutes
Communicating A Shared Purpose: 30 Minutes
Conflict: 30 Minutes
Creating The Team: 30 Minutes
Empowering The Team: 30 Minutes
Influencing Behaviours: 30 Minutes
Leading Diverse Teams: 30 Minutes
Non-Verbal Communication Body Language: 30 Minutes
Succession Planning: 30 Minutes
Team Types: 30 Minutes